PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers and preferred payment service provider), email address, and (optional) phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
We also collect Personal Information in the following ways:
- When you message us during offline chat hours through our Tidio third party chat app, we may request your email address or other contact information in order to reach you at a later time and respond to your request
- When we are promoting a sale, discount, or other item of value through our pop-ups, you may be asked for information such as email address, phone number, name, or other personally identifiable information in order to receive the (optional) benefit, usually in exchange for being added to our email or phone list
- Through our email or chatbot marketing, we may ask for personally identifiable information such as your phone number or email address in order to market to you in other ways (this is always optional)
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Order Information that we collect to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you about your order, if necessary, including shipping notifications & tracking and occasional review requests;
- Screen our orders for potential risk of fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
We also use Device Information for ad retargeting, such as through Facebook Marketing and Google Adwords. To avoid or stop ad retargeting, you can take the following free steps:
- (recommended) use the Site in Incognito/Private Mode, which prevents ad retargeting by not saving the user’s browsing data
- clear your browsing data and cookies
- disable cookies in your web browser
- use a VPN (Virtual Private Network)
We also use device information to determine your location for currency conversion purposes. By using our website, you (the visitor) agree to allow third parties (namely, our third party currency converter app) to process your IP address, in order to determine your location for the purpose of currency conversion. You also agree to have that currency stored in a session cookie in your browser (a temporary cookie which gets automatically removed when you close your browser). We do this in order for the selected currency to remain selected and consistent when browsing our website so that the prices can convert to your (the visitor) local currency.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third parties in the ways described above to help provide you with communication services (e.g., chat, shipping tracking & notifications), to collect data that will help us improve visitor experience and marketing/sales effectiveness, and to market our products, services, and informational content to you (with your approval). We do not and will never rent or sell your personal information. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store—you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site—you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by clicking the following links and following the instructions provided:
- FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- GOOGLE - https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- BING - https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track (DNT) signal from your browser. This is part of Shopify’s current practice, which falls within accepted standards.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following subject line: “Please remove my personal information.” Your request will be carried out as soon as your message is received and read by our team.
Additionally, if you are a European resident, note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that since we are a United States-based company, your information will have been transferred outside of Europe.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 18.
SECTION 1 - WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION?
When you purchase something from our store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address.
When you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
Email marketing (if applicable): With your permission, we may send you emails about our store, new products and other updates.
Text marketing (if applicable): With your permission, we may send text messages about our store, new products, and other updates. Updates include Checkout Reminders. Webhooks will be used to trigger the Checkout Reminders messaging system.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail: email@example.com or by mail using the following address:
3415 South Sepulveda Blvd, Suite 1100
Culver City, CA, 90034, United States